Thursday 27 December 2012

Winter Essentials - Stu Bradley wrote this all by himself

So after fluttering my eyelashes to Stu over Twitter I received this in my inbox. Stu's a straight male fashion blogger.
This may not bring wonder into your hearts as it does with me, but he's a male fashion blogger who writes about affordable fashion - by affordable fashion I don't mean Primark, I just don't mean Givenchy either. AND he's a down to earth little sweetheart. He's tangible unlike male fashion bloggers you may know of, and that's what makes him one of my favourites.  He's straight as well, so weird.



Winter Essentials

Woolly hat
Sure, kids at hardcore gigs (the same guys who wear Eastpak backpacks and have plugs in their ears the size of Oreos) may wear them all year round but the woolly hat comes into its own in the Winter. Pro tip: I use a pair of fake glasses to keep it at the perfect height and stop it slipping down over my eyes. The downside is that it makes me look like…a douchebag wearing fake glasses.

Grey hoodie
Yes, probably down to the fact that I spent most of my teenage years aspiring to be like One Tree Hill’s Lucas Scott, but I still think a washed out, supersoft grey hoodie takes some beating.

Beard
Because facial hair is for life, not just for Movember.

Shirt jacket
Jackets bore me. There, I said it. I’m so not down with dropping £100+ on a huge jacket that will take up a load of space in my already crowded wardrobe…though I will make an exception when I find the parka. I picked up this Ralph Lauren workshirt for £36 at TK Maxx. RRP £600. No, seriously. It’s warm, soft and it didn’t require a trip to Oxfam to clear closet space for it. Sorry, Oxfam.

Cable knit jumper
Aside from being a completely classic look, I can also be sure that it won’t start my grandparents off at Christmas dinner about how nobody dressed like that in their day. In retrospect, wearing a Black Dahlia Murder vest on Christmas Day was a poor decision. Anyway, I got mine at New Look. Ok, so it doesn’t have a little polo player on it, but it was only twenty quid. TWENTY QUID.

Doc Martens
Although they’re best known for big clompy boots, Dr Martens also make some beautiful (and hard wearing shoes) that can take anything from tramping the pavements to walking the dog in a snowstorm. Mine even came with a tin of wax to re-waterproof them. It’s only a matter of time before I have too much to drink and use said wax on my moustache.



This is Stu, and this is his blog http://www.notsolonelylondoners.com/. He's sort of internet famous and that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...